6 Best Easy Natural Home Remedies for Dandruff and Hair Fall
There’s nothing more embarrassing and confidence-lowering as having dandruff. No matter how hard you try to hide it, it still manages to show up, whether it’s on your scalp or on the shoulders of your shirt. Unless you treat it, you can’t exactly cover it up.
There are plenty of products, available in the markets that are designed to treat dandruff. Regular store-bought dandruff shampoos, conditioners, drugs, steroid, and coal tar are some of the things that can help. However, they are not quite natural and safe solutions.
Some options that prevent dandruff to appear are very expensive. No need to rush to the local drug store to buy an expensive shampoo or have an expensive treatment at a salon. There are quite a few natural remedies for dandruff and home-made ones that are very effective.
And few decent options are really very expensive. No need to rush to the local drug store to buy an expensive dandruff shampoo or shelling out money at a salon. Rather,
there are quite a few natural remedies for dandruff and at-home remedies that are very effective; you can easily turn to in order to tackle this problem once and for all.
Now, here are the "6 Best Easy Natural Home Remedies for Dandruff and Hair Fall" which is a permanent complete solution.
- Aspirin is a natural remedy for dandruff
Have you ever looked at the ingredients of medicated dandruff shampoos? Most of them have one big component in common – that would be salicylic acid. This salicylic acid is also found in most of the anti-dandruff shampoos.
Luckily for us, aspirin has this same active ingredient. Thanks to its moisturizing qualities, the acid works by helping to get rid of scaly dead skin and flakes. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help reducing redness, swelling, and works to reduce pain.
Aspirin can cure dandruff permanently. Just follow these easy steps:
- All you have to do is to take two uncoated aspirins and crush them into a powder. You can put them in a napkin and smash them with the back of a metal spoon, or grind them in a pill grinder.
- Add it to your everyday shampoo.
- Use the same amount of shampoo and the powder every time you wash your hair. Leave the mixture sitting on your hair for about two minutes.
- From here, you can just rinse it out. Important to remember: Rewash it with everyday shampoo.
- Adding a half cup of apple cider vinegar in water can help you to fight dandruff even better.
- Tea Tree Oil: Great home remedy for dandruff
Tea tree oil is another one of the best natural dandruff remedies, which holds many functions and benefits. In fact, some studies proved it is successful with fighting against dandruff.
The powerful cleansing, anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, and anti-fungal tea tree oil properties are effective against all the dandruff-causing Malassezia species and bacterial infections. Tea tree oil is also rich in terpenes that can help to block bacteria.
Use Tea Tree Oil for dandruff remedy with this step-by-step formula:
- Add a few drops to your regular shampoo - it can give you some fantastic results.
- You can combine 10 drops of tea tree oil and 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil. Mix it well until these ingredients blend perfectly.
- Apply this mixture on the dry and itchy scalp areas as much as possible.
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse well with lukewarm water.
- For better results, repeat this process once a week.
3. Baking soda for dandruff removal
Some of you may not know that your kitchen keeps the key to an itch-free and flake-free scalp. Yes, you heard right - baking soda can help you to get rid of dandruff. It can help you get an itch and flake-free head once and for all.
The baking soda cuts back on any overactive fungi or agents in your scalp. Baking soda is available and cheaper than most dandruff shampoos and most of all it’s more effective than shampoos as well.
Baking soda removes excess sebum from the scalp, wash off the oil, and maintain cleanness of the scalp. It helps to balance pH and acts as a natural antiseptic medicine. While you may find your hair gets over-dried from this, your scalp will eventually pick up the pace and start creating more natural oils.
How to use baking soda for dandruff treatment at home: Follow these easy step-by-step instructions:
- After wetting your hair, take a handful of baking soda and scrub it into your scalp. No shampoo needed here - just skip to rinsing.
- A paste made of rose water and baking soda is also a great DIY solution that can destroy dead cells and flaky dandruff. Apply this paste into the scalp and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and don’t use shampoo after applying this method.
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) takes away dandruff
This is another household product that holds a wide range of capabilities. Dr. Oz is a big fan of this, especially when it comes to using it for dandruff treatment. The apple cider vinegar’s activity causes a right balance in your scalp’s pH levels and makes it a lot more difficult for yeast to grow.
ACV has antifungal and antibacterial properties that kill dandruff-caused fungi and effectively controls problems. The anti-inflammatory ingredients help to soothe an aggravated scalp of irritation and inflammation.
Apple cider vinegar for dandruff: How you can use it?
- All you need to do is to grab a spray bottle and sprinkle some of this “miracle juice” onto your hair.
- Gently massage your scalp with your fingertips.
- After 10 minutes rinse thoroughly with hot and cold water.
- Finish everything with conditioner.
- For the intense treatment, wrap your hair in a towel and let the vinegar sit for an hour. After an hour, just wash your hair as you usually do.
- If you can, do this twice a week, and you will see a huge drop in your dandruff.
- Mouthwash as a home remedy for dandruff
Do you have the mouthwash in your bathroom? If you are nodding, then you have to know it can be used for dandruff treatment, as long as it has an alcohol base.
The anti-fungal properties in mouthwash make it difficult for yeast (aka dandruff) to grow. In fact, at the early 50s, Listerine was marketed to cure scalp issues, before it became a bottle of mouthwash.
Mouthwash for dandruff? Watch This Video:
How to use mouthwash to get rid of dandruff, Step-by-step Checklist:
- Pour 2 tbsp of Listerine and 2 tbsp of water in a spray bottle and mix it well.
- After shampooing spray the mouthwash and water mixture on the scalp and wait for few minutes.
- Rinse it thoroughly with hot and cold water.
- Coconut Oil good for dandruff
If you ask others how to get rid of dandruff, a lot of people will probably suggest coconut oil - and there’s a good reason for it. It has been proven as effective for many people. Plus, your hair is going to smell like you are at the tropical vacation.
The oil stimulates rapid healing and acts as a shield against the future appearance of dandruff.
How to use coconut oil in dandruff treatment?
You should use it overnight, here's how to do it step by step:
- Before you hop into the shower, take 3 to 5 spoons of the coconut oil and massage it gently into your scalp.
- Try to cover the whole head.
- Take a break and let the oil soak into your hair.
- After some time rinse and shampoo your hairas you normally would.
- You can achieve even better results if you put on a shower cap and let the oil soak during the night. You can use this oil with many other healthy ingredients like yogurt, fenugreek, rosemary essential oil, camphor, and tea tree oil.
Alternative Ways: How to cure dandruff permanently? [Quick & Fast Solution]
If you are quite busy or can't manage time for processing "natural remedies for dandruff recipes" then check out this natural stimulating shampoo, revitalizing conditioner and scalp therapy shampoo for a fast solution.
Bonus: Take a Quick Look at this graphic. It includes 15 Myths about "Home Remedies for Dandruff and Hair Fall" that we strongly believe. Funny Right?
The Final Verdict:
The best part of using household products in dandruff treatment is that you can combine them and create your own recipes that are for your dandruff type. With so many anti-dandruff therapies available right in your kitchen, there’s no need to spend a fortune trying to find a medicated shampoo at drug stores.
Instead, stick with one of these natural dandruff remedies that we have listed above for the best and safest results.