The dreaded dandruff. There’s anything quite as embarrassing and confidence-lowering condition as having dandruff.
No matter how hard you try to hide it, it still manages to show up, whether it’s on your scalp or on the shoulders of your shirt. But unless you treat it, you can’t exactly cover it up.
There are plenty of over-the-counter products available in the markets that are designed to treat dandruff. Regular store-bought dandruff shampoos, conditioners, drugs, steroid and coal tar can help but all are far away from natural and safety concern.
And few decent options are really very expensive. No need to rush to the local drug store to buy an expensive dandruff shampoo or shelling out money at a salon. Rather, there are quite a few natural remedies for dandruff and at-home remedies that are very effective; you can easily turn to in order to tackle this problem once and for all.
If you are quite busy or can't manage time for processing "natural remedies for dandruff recipes" then check out this natural stimulating shampoo, revitalizing conditioner and scalp therapy shampoo for a fast solution.
Bonus: Take a Quick Look at this graphic. Includes 15 Myths about "Home Remedies for Dandruff and Hair Fall" that we strongly believe. Funny Right?
Now, here are the "6 Best Easy Natural Home Remedies for Dandruff and Hair Fall" which is a permanent complete solution.
Have you ever looked at the ingredients in a lot of medicated dandruff shampoos? Most of them have one big ingredient in common – and that would be salicylic acid. This salicylic acid also found in the most of the anti-dandruff shampoo.
Lucky for us, Aspirin has this same active ingredient. Because of its moisturizing qualities, this acid works by helping get rid of scaly dead skin and flakes. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help reducing redness, swelling and works to reduce pain.
Aspirin can cure dandruff permanently. Follow this easy steps one after one:
• All you have to take two uncoated aspirins and crush them into a powder. You can fold those tablets by a napkin and crush with the back of a metal spoon, or grind them in a pill grinder.
• Then simply add it to your everyday shampoo. Better to avoid fragrances, as these can cause dandruff that can be extracted from these properties.
• Use the same amount of shampoo and add the powder every time you go to wash your hair. Just leave the mixture sitting on your hair for about two minutes.
• From here, you can just rinse it out. Important: Wash it again with plain shampoo.
• Adding a half cup of ACV (apple cider vinegar) with water can add extra power to fight dandruff.
Another natural remedy is tea tree oil, which holds many functions and benefits. In fact, there have even been studies conducted on its success.
The potent cleansing, anti-inflammatory, anti-acne and anti-fungal properties are effective against all of the dandruff-causing Malassezia species and bacterial infections. Tea tree oil is also rich in terpenes that can help to block bacteria.
Use Tea Tree Oil for dandruff remedy with this step-by-step formula:
• You also can combine 10 drops of tea tree oil and 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil; mix well until these blends perfectly
• Apply this mixture into the dry and itchy scalp areas as much as possible
• Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse well with lukewarm water
• For better result repeat this once in each week
Some of you might don’t know that your kitchen could hold the key to an itch-free and flack free scalp. Yes, you heard right -- baking soda can help get rid of dandruff. It can help you get an itch and flake-free head once and for all.
The baking soda cuts back on any overactive fungi or agents in your head (which cause dandruff). It is a fact that baking soda is available at a cheap price than most over-the-counter dandruff shampoos and in fact, it’s more effective than them as well.
Baking soda removes excess sebum from the scalp, wash off the oil and maintain cleanness of the scalp. It helps to balance pH and acts as a natural antiseptic medicine. While you may find your hair gets dried out from this, your scalp will eventually pick up the pace and start creating more natural oils.
How to use baking soda for dandruff treatment at home: Follow this easy step-by-step instruction:
• After wetting your hair, take a handful of baking soda and scrub it into your scalp. No shampoo needed here – just skip to rinsing.
• A paste of rose water and baking soda paste is also a great DIY process that can aid in losing all the dead cells and flaky dandruff.
• Apply this paste into the scalp and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes
• Later on, rinse with cool water and don’t use shampoo after applying this method.
This is yet another household product that holds a wide range of powers. Dr. Oz is a big fan of this, especially when it comes to using it for dandruff treatment. The apple cider vinegar’s activity causes a more even balance in your scalp’s pH levels, which is going to make it a lot more difficult for yeast to grow.
ACV has antifungal and antibacterial properties that kill dandruff-causing fungi and effectively curbs the problems. The anti-inflammatory ingredients help to soothe an aggravated scalp of irritation and inflammation.
• All you need is to grab a spray bottle and spray some of the miracle juice onto your hair.
• Gently massage with the tip of your finger
• Wait 10 minutes and rinse well with hot and cool water
• Finish it with conditioner For an extreme intense treatment, put your hair in a towel and let the vinegar sit for an hour.
After an hour has passed, just wash your hair as you normally would. If you can, do this twice a week and you will see a huge decline in your dandruff.
Have some mouthwash in your bathroom? It can be used for dandruff treatment in a pinch, as long as it has an alcohol base.
The anti-fungal properties in mouthwash also make it difficult for yeast (aka dandruff) to grow. In fact, at the early 50s, Listerine was marketed to cure scalp issues.
How to use mouthwash to get rid of dandruff, Step-by-step Checklist:
• Pour 2 tbsp of Listerine and 2 tbsp water in a spray bottle and mix it well
• After shampooing spray the diluted mouthwash mixture into the scalp and wait few minutes
• Rinse it well and rise with hot and cool water
If you ask others how to get rid of dandruff, a lot of people will probably suggest coconut oil – and there’s a reason for it. It has been proven to be effective for countless people.
Plus, your hair is going to smell like a tropical vacation. This oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and lauric, capric and caprylic acids and fatty acids that nourish the scalp and remove sebum build up.
The oil stimulates rapid healing and provides a shield against future instances of dandruff.
Coconut oil for dandruff overnight, here's how step by step guide:
• Before you hop into the shower, take 3 to 5 spoonfuls of the oil and massage it gently into your scalp.
• Try to cover the whole crown of your head
• Take a break and let the oil soak into your hair.
• Then just rinse and shampoo your hair as you normally would.
• A better result can be achieved if you put on a shower cap and let the oil soak for overnight Besides you can use this oil with many other healthy substances like yoghurt, fenugreek, rosemary essential oil, camphor and tea tree oil.
The best part is that you can combine these and create your own remedies that really suits well for your dandruff type. With so many anti-dandruff treatments available right in your kitchen, there’s no need to spend a fortune trying to find a medicated shampoo at the drug store.
Instead, stick with one of the natural remedies we listed above for the best, safest results.